Join a global community of over 200 schools supercharging their future with BQI!
Curated resources, expert analysis, skills building, team activities, live discussions, and community
Change is fast. Time is short. And you can't do it alone.
Education is in flux: tech shifts, diversity challenges, new learning models, you name it. You want to be prepared, but who has the time to read, watch, and listen? There's even less time to think, unpack and discuss everything that's changing in the world right now and what it means for the future of your schools.
This is even more difficult to do in isolation.
Change isn't just fast; it's overwhelming. In a world where technology evolves daily, and societal shifts happen without warning, educators are racing against the clock. The learning models that worked yesterday might be obsolete tomorrow.
You're grappling with everything from tech adoption to social justice to new curriculums. Time is a luxury you don't have.
Forget about sifting through endless articles, videos, and reports — there's hardly enough time to digest and discuss these changes within your school community, let alone prepare for them.
Doing it alone? That's a road to burnout.
BQI Futures: The Toolkit Your School Needs
Take a breath. With BQI Futures, you're not alone anymore. And, you'll not only keep pace with change—you'll lead it.
Over the years, we've engaged with thousands of educators like you from all corners of the globe, who are trying to keep their finger on the pulse of the rapid changes in technology, society, and basically everything that's redefining what education is supposed to be. With our expertise, passion, and global network, we'll help you navigate the complexities of this ever-changing landscape.
Our ebook "One Foot in the Future" was just the start. Now, we offer you the whole shebang—a complete toolkit for your school's future.
BQI Futures includes access for up to 10 members and membership into the BQI global community of forward-thinking educators and the BQI team. Together, let's create a better future for our students and communities.
Consider this toolkit your school’s personal cheat sheet for the future, co-created with insights and strategies from some of the most future-focused minds in education from around the world. So, are you in?
“The future must enter into you long before it happens.” ~Maria Rilke
BQI Futures: Empower Your School's Tomorrow, Today
Ready to take control of your educational future? BQI Futures is here to arm you with the insights and tools you need to make smart, future-focused decisions for your students and teachers. By joining us, you will:
• Get a clear picture of what's happening now to better predict what's coming next
• Master the skills to think and act with the future in mind, both individually and as a team
• Cultivate a forward-thinking culture in your school, making "what if?" a part of your daily vocabulary
• Keep your finger on the pulse of trends that are reshaping education as we know it
• Craft compelling new narratives and resources that open minds to fresh possibilities
• Dive deep into alternative futures, exploring them in a structured, public way
• Showcase your insights through dynamic storytelling and presentations
• Empower your entire school community to think big and plan for multiple futures
• Teach your students how to flex their "imagination muscles," preparing them for whatever comes their way
• Have a blast while connecting with a global network of like-minded educators
• Implement real-world strategies to make future-thinking a staple in your school and your own work
The Ultimate Toolkit for Future-Proofing Your School
Say goodbye to overwhelm and hello to clarity and action. Our one-of-a-kind subscription service combines everything you need to stay ahead of the curve and lead your school community with confidence. And here's the kicker—it's all in one easy-to-manage package for up to 10 team members, plus you'll join our thriving Big Questions Institute Community of over 2,000 visionaries.
Stay in the Know
- A list of curated resources that cover the most important shifts and developments that impact the future of education. (Weekly)
- Expert analysis from the BQI team of trends you should be paying attention to most. (Weekly)
- Suggested activities, discussion questions, and projects that you can use with your team or community to build even greater capacity to confront the future. (Monthly)
Connect and Learn
- A monthly, live 60-minute virtual futures-focused session with all other “Sensemaking” schools that covers:
- Skills Building: Tools, techniques, and strategies to better develop futuring mindsets and skills
- Signal Scanning: Focused discussion and deep dive into one futures context each month
- Spotlights: Overviews of schools that are implementing futures work
- Facilitation plus Q & A with Will and Homa
- Special Guests: Periodic presentations from experts in the field of futures and education
Powerful Professional Learning Through Monthly Webinars
Dive into a curated set of topics designed to equip you with the skills, literacies, and dispositions to thrive in the emerging future of education. Each session is a stepping stone on your path to a more resilient and forward-thinking school. Here's a glimpse of what we'll explore together:
The future lives in every educator’s classroom and school. Today’s first graders will graduate in 2040. The future is ours to create. What does becoming an educator / futurist entail, and what are some personal and professional starting points?
The future isn’t predictable, but that doesn’t mean we can’t prepare for a variety of outcomes. We’ll do some unique scenario-planning activities to build your capacity to deal with whatever might come next.
Developing and flexing our imagination muscles is the key to overcoming the challenges we face as well as taking full advantage of the new opportunities at our fingertips. Let’s start by understanding deeply how and where imagination lives in our current school experience.
It’s not enough to envision a future that is better or different. The most powerful visions for our future our those that provoke a deep yearning to live it. Creating an “Irresistible Future” for your school community is a powerful way to keep the energy for change moving forward.
Many of our challenges spring from a narrow range of voices informing and making decisions about the future. But what if we acknowledged and embraced the needs and desires of other entities like nature and future students? Let’s see what that entails and create some first steps to expanding our influences.
What will be our legacy, and individuals and institutions, on society and the planet that our current students will live on in their adulthood but four or five (or more) generations into the future? We’ll look at some ways to ensure that our schools are seen as “good ancestors” who helped mitigate current challenges and contributed to the betterment of the world.
What does it mean to have a culture that is literate at futuring? What kinds of practices and technologies do those cultures employ to stay focused on relevance and impact? Let’s create some starting points for building those cultures in our schools.
How will we build the practice of imagination into our daily school experience? Why is it important to do so? What might change if we spent more time imagining collectively about the future of our school and of our world? Let’s get a start on building some structures and practices that make imagination a fundamental part of our days.
ChatGPT isn’t the only AI tool worth wrapping your brain around. From an imagination standpoint, generative art, music, and photo tools can also be interesting starting points for breaking out of our boxes and seeing the world differently. We’ll look at some tools that enhance our creativity and provoke conversation through a school and education lens.
What if you were able to travel into the future and bring back an artifact from 30 or 40 or more years ago? What questions might that artifact provoke? Design fiction let’s us flex our imaginations and, importantly, bring the future into clearer focus.
Given the continuing explosion of AI, “prompt literacy” is a new required skill to navigate the potentials. How might we use prompts to create different visions of what education might become? And how can we weave those skills throughout our school community?
Most know about “oral histories” and their importance in helping to us to understand our lives today. But what if we explored oral futures as a way of helping us see pathways forward differently? Learn about the tools and techniques that will expand the possible ways we might sense the future.
Ready to Future-Proof Your School? Sign up today!
Join BQI Futures and be the change your school community needs.
Cost: $1,000 USD
DOWNLOAD THE FREE EBOOK
Why wait? Download "One Foot in the Future" and start thinking differently about your path forward!
"One Foot in the Future" will change the way you approach your work as an educator and also impact the way you see yourself as a person grappling with an increasingly uncertain future.