“The future must enter into you long before it happens.” ~Maria Rilke
Curated resources, expert analysis, skills building, team activities, live discussions, community, and more.
There’s not enough time to read, watch, and listen, and even less time to think, unpack and discuss everything that's changing in the world right now and what all of it means for the future of your schools. This is even more difficult to do in isolation.
Every day, rapid change means making informed and relevant decisions for your students and communities is becoming more and more challenging.
At BQI, we spend a lot of our waking hours reading, thinking, and imagining what the new narratives of schooling and education will be. We’re tuned into the emerging signals around tech, the environment, the future of work, diversity and belonging, wellness, and more. We speak with leaders in education around the world every day.
The response to our “One Foot in the Future” ebook indicates we’re ahead of most others in articulating the ways in which educators and schools now have to think about and act around what comes next.
Now, we're offering three different, tiered solutions to suit your schedule and needs: Scanning, Sensemaking, and Skills Building (detailed below.)
Join a global community of educators and BQI as we create a better future together for our students and communities.
Introducing BQI Futures
Our unique, multi-tiered subscription service will help you and your school community develop the futuring literacies and lenses you need to make the best decisions you can for the future of your students and teachers. By joining us, you will:
Gain a better understanding of the current contexts that are informing the arc of the future
Develop individual and group futuring skills
Help build a futures culture within the school community
Stay abreast of current and future trends that impact education, schools, and learning
Create new stories, narratives, and artifacts of education to widen people’s apertures for what’s possible
Undertake a systematic, public exploration of alternative futures
Share understandings through exhibition and storytelling
Build capacity throughout the school community to think about possible futures
Learn how to help your students build and flex their own imagination muscles
Have fun, find more joy for the future, and build deeper connections with educators from around the world
Learn practical ways to begin to create futures cultures in your own practice and in your school community
Scanning, Sense-Making, Skills Building...
Three Tiers of Support and Learning to Fit Your Needs
We offer a three-tiered subscription service for you and your teams to save time, gain focus, build skills, and grasp global shifts. Subscriptions include access for up to 10 members of your school community and free membership to our 2,000+ strong Big Questions Institute Community. Choose the tier that suits your budget and commitment level to effectively engage with the future.
Subscription Level 1 - Scanning
The “Scanning” tier will keep you informed and build your capacity to engage with the future.
- A list of curated resources that cover the most important shifts and developments that impact the future of education. (Weekly)
- Expert analysis from the BQI team of trends you should be paying attention to most. (Weekly)
- Suggested activities, discussion questions, and projects that you can use with your team or community to build even greater capacity to confront the future. (Monthly)
Cost: $500 USD annually
Subscription Level 2 - Sensemaking
The “Sensemaking” tier will deepen your understanding of this complex moment we’re in, provide 12 hours of expert-led professional learning for your team, and connect you to other schools worldwide that are on similar journeys.
In addition to Level 1 services, it adds:
- A monthly, live 60-minute virtual futures-focused session with all other “Sensemaking” schools that covers:
- Skills Building - Focus on tools, techniques, and strategies to better develop futuring mindsets and skills
- Signal Scanning - Focused discussion and deep dive into one futures context each month as it relates to schools and education
- Spotlights - Overviews of schools that are implementing futures work in their communities
- Facilitation plus Q & A with Will and Homa
- Special Guests - Periodic presentations from experts in the field of futures and education
Cost: $1,000 USD annually
Subscription Level 3 - Skills Building
And finally, our Skills Building tier provides personalized accompaniment to create and sustain powerful futures skills and dispositions throughout your school community.
In addition to Level 1 and 2 services, it adds:
- Working closely with the BQI team to form and recruit an active Futures Advisory Council at your school, composed of a diverse group of stakeholders, including students, staff, leadership, Board member(s), and parents/guardians
- Facilitation of quarterly virtual meetings (90-minutes each) by the BQI team with school leadership and/or the Futures Advisory Council to:
- Build a contextual understanding of changes in the world and implications for students’ futures
- Strengthen both institutional and individual capacities aligned with your culture, goals, and aspirations.
- Consider, plan for, and anticipate your future
- Raise awareness in your school community of the efforts being undertaken to prepare for the future.
Cost: $4,000 USD (Only 10 subscriptions available per year)
Start Your Journey to a More Irresistible Future Today!
DOWNLOAD THE FREE EBOOK
Why wait? Download "One Foot in the Future" and start thinking differently about your path forward!
"One Foot in the Future" will change the way you approach your work as an educator and also impact the way you see yourself as a person grappling with an increasingly uncertain future.