“Open your arms to change but don’t let go of your values.”
BIG Questions Institute
What we value
Within a few months of our founding, we have been honored to reach many thousands of educators on every continent. Through the Big Questions Institute we are creating an emergent organization that strives to embody our deepest values and aspirations. Early on, we articulated some core values that guide every project:
- We believe that designing a better future for our children and the world is a moral obligation for schools, and this guides our purpose.
- We hold a commitment to deep equity, not just equality. This will be reflected in the individuals and organizations we collaborate with, how we compensate partners, the range of sources of knowledge and expertise we draw from, and themes we choose to explore.
- We are an anti-racist organization, building BQI on a foundation of justice, consistently reviewing our actions and deliverables to be coherent with our ideals.
- Just as we encourage participants to embrace fearless inquiry, we will strive to live this in our ongoing, humble posture of learning, openness to new ideas and methods, and commitment to honesty and truth-telling.
- We are building a community, not just a company.
- We value collaboration over competition.
- Other watchwords we will embed in our work are: Empathy, Innovation, Imagination, Continuous Learning, (Systems) Change and Optimism.
As we move forward guided by a vision that the work of educators is noble and vital to building a better world, we invite you to join us on the learning journey.
What They're Saying About Learning With BQI:
Meet your Big Questions Institute Coaches
We're uniquely positioned to help you lead your journey.
Big Questions Institute